Friday, June 4, 2010

My favourite movie

My favourite movie is The Big Fish.
The movie was based on the novel Big Fish: A Novel of Mythic Proportions write by Daniel Wallace and the movie was directed by Tim Burton.
The main characters are Ewan McGregor, Albert Finney, Billy Crudup, Jessica Lange and anothers.
The argument of The Big Fish is about the way that Edward Bloom told the history of his life.
During the movie Edward go telling about his childhood, his adolescence and his actual life adding a lot of fantastic characteristics. The problem is the way that Edward told his history, it always make that his son Will get angry because he wants to know the real way that the things happend in his father´s life. The biggest Will´s annoyanse happend the day of his marriage because during the celebration his father told one of his histories in front of all the guest and Will fells ashamed and stop talk to his father during a lot of years.
When Edward is dying Will come back to visit him, and in this moment he realize that his father`s histories was not so different that the way that his father told.
I like The Big Fish a lot because this movie remember me the way that my grandfather told me the history of things that he makes during his life, he uses a lot of fantastic characteristic and exaggerations. When I was a kid I thought that his histories was true, today even though that I know that it was lies I continue enjoying it because now I know that my grandfather just wants to entertain me.

1 comment:

  1. We write about the same movie!!!
    I´m agree with you, a very nice film!
    =)

    ReplyDelete