Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My way to clasifficate a good film

If I have to think when was the last time that I felt like hypnotized by a film, I think that it happened when I saw the movie Mary and Max. It is an animation movie made by stop motion technique, and it is about a friendship by letter between a girl of 8 year old from Melbourne, Australia, and a man of 44 year old from New York City. Both characters have in common that none have friends.
First of all I like this movie a lot because it is a very beautiful story, that describes the life by a real way that not all the people is ready to faced. In addition to the previous point I can say that this film have a lot of black humor which transformed it in one of the best movies I have ever seen.

To judge a film I look at its plot and character’s development.
Talking about what is first the story/the acting or special effects, I think that depends the kind of movie, but personally I prefer movies with great stories and great character’s performances than movies with a lot of special effects but without a sense story.

A bad thing is that today the most of films industry depend on money, so they make movies only to earn money forgiven that to make movies is an art, it´s an expression, it´s a message and it´s not a big business. I understand that directors and producers have to survive but they have transformed the film industry in a capitalism company where the most important thing is to be rentable.

In summary if I have to think what is most important in a film, a producer or a director, I think that both position are very important for a film development, everyone of them have tasks can not be make by another person.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alan !
    I don't see Mary and Max but I think stop motion is the best !!
    I think like you, it's best a movie whit good characters. Especial effects are not very important

    Regards!
    Emilio

    ReplyDelete