Monday, September 6, 2010

My favourite country

If I have to choose one country as my favourite to visit it, probably I would choose Spain.
I had never travel to Spain but I think that is a very interesting country because the people that live there seem very cheerfull, also I like the way of life of his people with a lot of food, wine and parties.
I think that I don´t know to much about Spain, and probably for the same reason I would like to visit it to learn more about his culture and his people.
If I would be in Spain I´ll go to "Tomatinas" party, it is a party that is celebrated in the Valencia´s municipality of Buñol, it consist in that the contestant throw a lot of tomatos to each others.
This tradition come up from a student´s row in 1944, and year to year was repeated until it became a very popular tradition, I think that is a very funny party where all the people finished cover with a lot of tomato.
I would like to study a postgraduate course in Spain, I don´t exactly in what theme but something related with social ciences and the modernization.
Perhaps some day I would have the oportunity to know this beatifull country.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Allan
    I thinks that Spain is a country very interesting for travel, but there is a traditional celebration that I don`t like: “ The bullfighting”, I thinks that is very bad for the bulls.
    If you get to travel someday, I protest against that tradition
    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've heard of Tomatinas party, it sounds fun ..there are some crazy parties in Spain like the one with people running away from the bulls, that one it's kinda dangerous though.
    Anyway, if i could go to Spain i'd go straight to Barcelona, to see Gaudi's la Sagrada Familia

    ReplyDelete